San Diego Permanent Residency Lawyer – San Diego Green Card Attorney
San Diego Permanent Residency Lawyer Habib Hasbini, Attorney at Law – 945 4th Avenue, Suite 309, San Diego, CA 92101 – Phone: (619) 350-3111 – 425 W. Beech Street, Unit:538, San Diego, CA 92101 – Phone: (619) 383-0001 – Email: email@example.com
Top San Diego Green Card Lawyer with 10.0 Avvo Rating
Arabic, English, French, and Spanish Speaking Staff
Law Offices of Hasbini in San Diego
Green Card – Permanent Residency
San Diego Permanent Residency Lawyer
The steps to becoming a Green Card holder (permanent resident) vary by category and depend on whether you currently live inside or outside the United States. The main categories are:
- Green Card Through Family
- Green Card Through a Job
- Green Card Through Refugee or Asylee Status
- Other Ways to Get a Green Card
If you are already a Green Card holder, you can:
- Renewing or replacing your Green Card
- Removing conditions on a Green Card
- Travel outside the United States
- Rights and responsibilities of Green Card holders
The Green Card Processes & Procedures:
- Green Card Eligibility: Learn who can apply for permanent residence
- Adjustment of Status: Learn about the multi-step process for individuals inside the United States that want to get a Green Card
- Consular Processing: Learn about the multi-step process for individuals outside the United States that want to get a Green Card
Who is a Green Card Holder (Permanent Resident)?
A Green Card holder (permanent resident) is someone who has been granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. As proof of that status, a person is granted a permanent resident card, commonly called a “Green Card.” You can become a permanent resident several different ways. Most individuals are sponsored by a family member or employer in the United States. Other individuals may become permanent residents through refugee or asylee status or other humanitarian programs. In some cases, you may be eligible to file for yourself.
Permanent Residency or Green Card Lawyers
Permanent Visa or Green Cards
A permanent visa, commonly referred to as a “green card,” is an immigration document that allows a person to live in the United States.
What Agency Grants Green Cards?
Before September 2002, the agency that was charged with overseeing immigration issues was the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). In September 2002, Congress passed and President Bush signed the Homeland Security Act, transferring the powers of the INS to the Department of Homeland Security. The immigration service functions of the INS are now placed under the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS).
Types of Green Card Categories
Depending on your connection to the United States, you may qualify for a different green card category. The United States puts a limit, or quota, on the amount of green cards issued for people who fall into each green card category:
- Immediate Family Members Visas – Immediate family members of U.S. citizens can qualify for a green card. This category of green cards is for those who are: ?Spouses of U.S. citizens
- Unmarried children under 21 with one U.S. citizen parent
- Parents of a U.S. citizen under 21
- Step children or step parents of a U.S. citizen, depending on the age of the child
- Someone who adopted or was adopted by a U.S. citizen, depending on the age of the child at the time of adoption
- Marriage Visas – Marriage has special procedural rules. The BCIS can grant “conditional permanent residence” for those who are married to U.S. citizens while the full green card application process is completed.
- Work Visas – Those moving to the United States because of a certain type of skill for employment may qualify for a green card if they fall into one of the preference categories established by the United States government. These preference categories are very limited and specific about the criteria required to receive a green card. Further, quotas are established for each of these preference categories.
- Long Term Illegal Residents – Some individuals who have resided illegally in the United States for a long period of time may be eligible for a green card if: ?The illegal resident’s immediate family members are U.S. citizens
- The immediate family members would suffer undue hardship were the illegal resident forced to leave
Beware – See your immigration attorney before attempting to get a green card through these methods. You may bring your illegal residence in the United States to the attention of the BCIS and be forced into deportation proceedings instead of getting a green card.
The Green Card Application Process
Getting your application for a green card processed and approved by the BCIS has many steps:
- Get a sponsor – A sponsor can be a relative who is a United States citizen or an employer
- Apply to a U.S. consulate or embassy in your home country – if you are already in the United States on valid visa, you can apply here
- The BCIS will check to see if you are “inadmissible” – inadmissible is defined by many categories such as: mental or physical disorders, a past conviction of a crime, or prior activity deemed subversive
Should I See an Immigration Attorney when I Apply for a Green Card?
The BCIS has many forms and procedural requirements for those who wish to apply for a green card. An immigration attorney is familiar with all these procedures and will help your application process move smoothly. An immigration attorney can also help you determine whether you would be eligible for a green card under a preference category or as an immediate family member.
Based in San Diego, Chula Vista and
El Cajon, Immigration Lawyers at
Law Offices of Hasbini specialize
in immigrant and non-immigrant visa processing, U.S. permanent residence,
green card, working visas, H-1B’s, business and investment visas,
naturalization, corporate and business immigration, political asylum,
as well as deportation and removal matters.
San Diego immigration defense lawyer Habib Hasbini and his associates truly understand what it takes to get our clients the legal help they
deserve. By remaining open and honest with our clients, we are consistently
able to provide the highest quality of care and service. We are familiar
with the emotional investment clients make in the immigration process.
San Diego immigration defense lawyer Habib Hasbini and his associates combine personal experience, knowledge of the immigration
system, and extensive legal experience to provide the immigration
services you need.
Our clients come
from various backgrounds and we work hard to accomplish each of their
immigration goals. Our diverse staff represents our true international
nature and can accommodate nearly every client. Our international staff
speaks Arabic, English, French, and Spanish.
San Diego immigration defense attorney Habib Hasbini and his associates have a 10/10 Avvo rating and ranked number 1 at
www.immigrationlawyersandiego.info and at
www.sandiegoimmigrationlawyer.info providing high quality legal counsel for all immigration matters.
Few things are more worrying than facing immigration problems. Your future is at stake when USCIS and the Immigration Courts make decisions about your family’s right to stay in the U.S. The Law Offices of Hasbini is a recognized leader in immigration law, with the highest reputation in San Diego for helping immigrants resolve their immigration problems. Our staff is committed to bringing immigrant families together, and to keep them here when trouble strikes. Our firm aims to provide the best possible legal representation to all clients. We are proud of the representation that we provide and we value each one of our clients. If you are in need of high-quality legal counsel, contact our firm and see how we can help.
The firm’s founder, Habib Hasbini, has the critical insights immigrants need in defending their immigration case. With 15 years of experience, Habib Hasbini has the knowledge to successfully navigate his clients through the U.S. immigration system. It is vital that your case be handled by immigration lawyers with your best interests in mind; our attorneys have resolved even the most difficult immigration problems, and earned a hard-won reputation representing immigrants at the cutting-edge of immigration law.
Our legal team represents clients like you facing a variety of immigration problems, including:
- immigration defense
- green card
- permanent residency
- citizenship & naturalization (N-400 and N-336)
- dream act
- political asylum
- asylum & refugee status
- deportation & asylum
- deportation defense
- bond hearings
- immigration court
- I-130 family immigration petitions
- joint I-751 petitions for spouses
- I-751 waivers
- restriction on removal
- cancellation of removal and 212(c) applications
- waiver of Inadmissibility
- criminal immigration problems
- federal court immigration litigation
- K1 and K3 marriage visas
- U Visas
- temporary Visas (B-2 Visas, B-1 Visas, F-1 Visas, K-1 Visas)
- work and investment Visas (E-1 Visas, E-2 Visas, L-1 Visas, H-1B Work Visas, H1B Transfer, TN Visas, J-1 Visas (Exchange Visitors), J2 Visas/Family Members)
- permanent Visas (EB-1 Visas, EB-2 Visas, EB-3 Visas and EB-5 Visas)
- H1B Visas
- religious worker Visas (EB-4 Visas)
- VAWA Petitions
- expiring I-551 green card
- marriage based green card interview questions
- Adam Walsh Act problems
We can handle any type of immigration problems regarding a spouse of a US citizen within the US, parents of US Citizens, sons and daughters of US citizens, spouse & unmarried children of US residents, married sons & daughters of US citizens, and brothers and sisters of US citizens.Our firm is dedicated to helping individuals with immigration matters when they are visiting the US, and assisting them before the Asylum Office.
Law Offices of Habib Hasbini is dedicated to winning the toughest immigration cases. Your case must be carefully evaluated to determine the best legal strategy to assist you and your family . Our offices serve immigrants from all over California, the United States, and around the world in most kinds of immigration defense matters. We are here to help you quickly solve your immigration problems, so you and your family can finally build a future here in the United States.
Contact a San Diego immigration defense attorney from our firm to address your immigration legal problem:
- Immigration Lawyer in San Diego
- Immigration Lawyer in Chula Vista
- Immigration Lawyer in El Cajon
- Immigration Lawyer in Los Angeles
- Immigration Lawyer in Glendale
- Immigration Lawyer in Sherman Oaks
- Immigration Lawyer in Orange County
- Immigration Lawyer in Inland Empire
- Immigration Lawyer in Riverside
- Immigration Lawyer in Pomona
- Immigration Lawyer in Hesperia
Permanent Residency Lawyers at the Law Offices of Hasbini Office Locations:
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in San Diego
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Chula Vista, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in El Cajon, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Cardiff by the Sea, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Encinitas, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Escondido, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Fallbrook, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Imperial Beach, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in La Mesa, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Lemon Grove, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in National City, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Oceanside, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Poway, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in San Marcos, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in San Ysidro, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Santee, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Solana Beach, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Spring Valley, San Diego, CA
- Permanent Residency Lawyer in Vista, San Diego, CA