San Diego Permanent Resident Card Lawyer

A green card, also known as a permanent resident card, is an identification card issued by the federal government to permanent United States residents. A person can obtain a green card through numerous channels, including marriage, employment, lottery or investment. After five years, three years in the case of marriage to a U.S. citizen, or four years in the case of asylum-based residency, Green Card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship.

Green cards present great opportunities, but they do have certain limitations. As a green card holder, you are subject to travel limitations, criminal provisions and civil limitations such as the inability to vote, obtain a government job or hold public office.

Helping Clients Obtain And Protect Their Green Cards

San Diego Immigration Lawyers at the Law Offices of Hasbini advise and represent clients seeking permanent resident status, as well as clients facing problems related to existing green cards. We offer a high level of personal service and a focus on results. Our Firm can help you or a family member:

• Determine your eligibility for a Green Card and Obtain a Green Card;
• Deal with immigration implications of being in an abusive relationship or problematic marriage-based Green Card or divorce;
• Explore your options if your visa has been canceled;

• Benefit from an exemption or voluntary departure if appropriate.

Our firm has successfully assisted hundreds of clients in resolving important immigration and Green Card issues. Contact us for a free consultation to see if you qualify to apply for a Green Card.

Same-Sex Couples

As of June 2013, same-sex couples, just like opposite-sex couples, may petition for a Green Card.

After DOMA has been struck, a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident in a same-sex marriage may sponsor a foreign national spouse for a Green Card. Your eligibility to petition for your spouse and your spouse’s admissibility as an immigrant at the immigration visa application or adjustment of the status stage will be determined like any other green card petition filed by opposite-sex couples.

Our firm has successfully represented same-sex couples in their adjustment of status and Green Card Petitions. Should you have any questions regarding your Green Card process, our firm can assist you and answer any questions you might have. We offer a free consultation.