VAWA Petition Attorney in San Diego

U Visa Versus VAWA

U.S. immigration law provides three possible visas allowing victims of crimes to stay in or even come to the U.S. and testify or otherwise assist in law enforcement efforts:

  • the U visa for victims of serious crimes
  • the T visa for victims of human trafficking
  • the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) self-petition for abused spouses and certain parents and children of U.S. citizens and permanent residents.

Differences Between VAWA Petitions and U Visas

  • There Is a U Visa Cap, But No Limit on VAWA Self-Petitions
  • VAWA Petitioners Must Have a Qualifying Relative to Apply
  • You Must Be Helpful to Authorities to Qualify for a U Visa
  • You Must Show Good Moral Character for VAWA

We can handle any type of ​immigration problems regarding a spouse of a US citizen within the US, parents of US Citizens, sons and daughters of US citizens, spouses & unmarried children of US residents, married sons & daughters of US citizens, and brothers and sisters of US citizens. Our firm is dedicated to helping individuals with immigration matters when they are visiting the US, and assisting them before the Asylum Office.

Law Offices of Habib Hasbini is dedicated to winning the toughest immigration cases. Your case must be carefully evaluated to determine the best legal strategy to assist you and your family. Our offices serve immigrants from all over California, the United States, and around the world in most kinds of immigration defense matters. We are here to help you quickly solve your immigration problems, so you and your family can finally build a future here in the United States.